Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Cheyenne...And The Doghouse

Back from Cheyenne.  We got home about midnight. It was so windy yesterday that we counted four trailers tipped over on the interstate (with more up north, we were told). A huge batch of semis lounged along the highway, waiting for the wind to die down. (We stopped at Johnsons Corner and got a cinnamon roll, instead.)

      That's Colorado and Wyoming in the spring for you. 

     The talk for the Cheyenne Heritage Quilters was about quality, workmanship -- and how to add those touches in your quilts that make them something special. I asked four people whose work I've admired to let me borrow a few of their pieces to show. Gutsy, dears....and much appreciated. Donna Groesbeck, Linda Herget, Bea Dersham and Sue Frerich, you all do good work...and often enough include a predeliction for certain themes, colors and fabrics that are fascinating to this appraiser. Thank you for letting me show and tell about your work!
      Oh, and Linda...I'm sorry I was such a doofus about starting on the backside for your second piece. You often experiment with both sides of the quilt -- I was tired -- and it didn't occur to me until I'd been yammering on for a while. You were very kind about it.

Now, Cheyenne friends, if you'd consider adding more embellishments... :)

Thank you for your kindness -- and kind words.

I'll be headed there again in late summer to help with their annual quilt show: August 16-18, 2018.

Here's a glimpse of their 2016 show - one aisle, at least.
with permission from CHQ





One of the funniest commercials I've seen in a while! The Brick was only mildly amused...but then, he's not the one who got a humidifier for Christmas one year. 
      (I'd thought the package was a sewing machine.)





No comments:

Lessons Learned From A Gunslinger: The Redux

      I wrote this post for another website years ago...but it's worth visiting again. And yes, Paladin and we are still buddies.      W...