Saturday, June 17, 2017

I Had A College Professor Like This...

     The class was called "Fine Arts" -- but derisively referred to, by most of my friends, as "Fine Farts." The professor, though a nice guy, was famous for not thoroughly reading submitted assignments. Students would trudge along on-subject until the middle of the paper...then launch into recipes, baseball scores, even free association.

He never seemed to notice. But after a while, I got the impression he was very aware of our collective shenanigans, after all. The 'tell' was when he said to someone (I think they 'fessed up):  'You're cheating yourself when you do this -- not me.'

Hmmm.

Guess you taught me a bigger lesson in that class than I thought, Mr. Osbeck.

        (oh, and... thank you.)





No comments:

The Crockpot Is My Friend - Redux

 Another goodie from the Brickworks files: Stephanie over at "A Year of Slow Cooking" has made it her goal to use the crockpot e...